When I list a home for sale I always ask the current owners what they have liked about living in the community. Here is what a current homeowner said about her community...
The Cleveland neighborhood is fantastic!
- I loved living on Upton and 35th Avenue in North Minneapolis! There are some fantastic neighbors! Everyone on the street is extremely friendly and are always good for a nice afternoon chat (on the non-20 below days, that is!)
- Upton Avenue is also only 3 short blocks from Victory Memorial Parkway. I really enjoyed living so close to the parkway because it has so much to offer!
- I had two dogs that required daily exercise and the parkway offered the space I needed to run and walk with them. Because of all of the space it offered the privacy of a solo walk or the option to meet/greet other dogs and owners.
- The parkway also offered some really fun summer activities. The ‘Live on the Drive’ event offered a monthly visit from local musicians. It also offered fun for kids with drinks/treats. I always enjoyed walking up with a blanket, my dogs and dinner to hang out and list to the concert.
- Victory Memorial also participates in the ‘Movies in the Park’ event of Minneapolis and would set up a big pop-up screen and play a movie in the summer months (dates shifted around from year to year as all Minneapolis parks participate in this event).
- There are some great restaurants that are also very close. The Lowry Café has a great low key atmosphere and was great for a cup of coffee. Victory 44 is less than a mile away and has a great breakfast and some very unique dinner options. Emily’s Family Café also has delicious breakfast food and a fun small town atmosphere!
The Cleveland Neighborhood is on the western edge of Minneapolis, bordering Robbinsdale. It is only 10 minutes to downtown Minneapolis, with quick and easy access to many suburbs. Beautiful Victory Memorial Parkway, part of the Grand Rounds trail system, borders the western edge of the Cleveland neighborhood with North Memorial Medical Center clearly visible on the other side of the parkway.
There are currently 15 Cleveland neighorhhood homes for sale in Minneapolis, ranging in price from a 993 sq ft home priced at $66,000 waiting for bank short sale approval to a lovely 1,771 sq ft tudor on the parkway priced at $254,900. This neighborhood is mainly single family homes, with 80% owner occupied and 59% families with children.
This home for sale at 3451 Upton is a charming example of homes in this neighborhood. Priced at only $129,900 this is a great house for a first-time home buyer... let us know if you would like to take a look!
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results