The key to finding the right home for you really starts with listening...
- Listening to your hopes and dreams about what you are looking for in a home and neighborhood
- Not just size and amenities, but consciously thinking about how you will live in the space and what kind of space will nurture you and your lifestyle
- You are not just buying a home, but also a community... what kind of community would you be excited to be a part of... not only the neighborhood amenities but also the people who live there
- Finding a Realtor who listens... really listens to you
- Someone who listens to not only what you say but also to what you don't say... including your body language
- Someone who listens beyond the facts to understand who you are
- Listening to your body
- We have more nerves in our gut than in our brains, and our bodies often know before our brains whether a home or neighborhood is right for us or not
- Don't be afraid to listen to what your body is telling you... you will know what is right if you open yourself to really listen
I have been called a 'house whisperer' before. I am not quite sure what that means, but I think it has a lot to do with listening...
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results - Minneapolis-St. Paul Buyer's Agent