"Summer always ends with good memories." ~ Unknown
NOTE: I spend my Wednesdays Unplugged from appointments. It's my day to stay home, enjoy cooking and welcome our kids and grandkids for dinner in the evening. We end our meal with quotes from the Norwegian 'Quote Cup' passed on to me from my grandmother. I share a quote and a recipe here each week, and sometimes some photos of family fun. I love trying new recipes...and love getting recipes you would like to share!
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 10 ounce package frozen, chopped spinach
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg or dried equivalent
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounce carton sour cream
- 4 1/2 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup or more freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cook noodles; drain. Thaw spinach; drain well. Combine all ingredients, spinach through mayonnaise; mix well. Arrange 2 noodles in a lightly greased 7 x 11 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture over noodles. Repeat twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Butter/Pecan topping. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Let set 15 minutes before cutting.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Melt butter, add pecans and cook 3 minutes. Cool completely.
- Wednesdays Unplugged - Lasagna Rolls Florentine
- Wednesdays Unplugged - Sicilian Lemon Chicken with Raisin-Tomato Sauce