Seward is a small neighborhood near the University of Minnesota that has a Bike Score of 98 and walk scores in the 80's! A biker's paradise, its location makes it popular with people associated with the University... and its walkability makes it a dream for people with a car-free lifestyle.
I recently showed a listing near the popular Seward Co-Op to a nurse at nearby Fairview Riverside hospital. She currently rents in the area, and after having lived there she said she has no desire to live anywhere else! There are not many places in the Twin Cities where you can walk to almost everything you might need... Seward is one of them.
In the words of my seller who has lived in her Seward home nearly 23 years, this is what she loves about living there...
- Stable neighborhood with mostly long-term residents of all ages
- Like a small, friendly community where neighbors know each other
- Most importantly, it is a safe neighborhood
- Extremely convenient location... can walk/bike to everything from shopping, restaurants, bank, University of Minnesota, to hospitals and churches
- East River Road walking/biking trails and parks
- Neighborhood involvement in issues affecting the neighborhood
- Neighborhood activities such as Seward Art Crawl, annual neighborhood garage sales, King’s Fair
Ready to check out the Seward neighborhood for yourself? Take a look at Seward homes for sale, then contact us to arrange for a showing to find out for yourself why people love living in Seward.
Sharlene Hensrud, Seward Neighborhood Realtor