Today is the last day to attend the Uptown Art Fair in its 50th anniversary year. One of the Twin Cities rites of summer, they have something for nearly everyone... even if all you want to do is stroll and eat.
Centered on Hennepin and Lake Street in Uptown Minneapolis, my favorite stretch is under the trees along "The Mall" that extends from Hennepin Avenue two blocks north of Lake Street to East Lake Calhoun Parkway that connects Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles.
We were there early Friday afternoon, shortly after it opened and before heavy crowds gathered. The weather was beautiful... and encountering two different clients that I helped purchase homes within walking distance made it a perfect afternoon!
Think you might like to walk to the Uptown Art Fair next year? Check out Uptown homes for sale... and also enjoy the nearby lakes and trails!
- Chain of Lakes... part of the 50-mile Minneapolis Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway
- East Isles neighborhood... between the lake and coffee shops galore
- Twin Cities Best Cinnamon Rolls & Puppy Dog Tails in East Isles neighborhood
- Sunday's Site - Powderhorn Park Art Fair
- Sunday's Site - Loring Park, Minneapolis (including Loring Park Art Fair)