I just spent a delightful, whirlwind three days with buyers relocating from Brooklyn, NY. When I got off the phone with them yesterday afternoon after letting them know their offer had been accepted he said he felt like crying... they were so happy to have found just the right home in just the right neighborhood for them. He said, "you are the house whisperer."
We had been communicating online for months with what started for them as searching for homes online... the way most people start looking for a home.
But the real key to finding the right home really starts with listening...
- Listening to your hopes and dreams about what you are looking for in a home and neighborhood
- Not just size and amenities, but consciously thinking about how you will live in the space and what kind of space will nuture you and your lifestyle
- You are not just buying a home, but also a community... what kind of community would you be excited to be a part of... not only the neighborhood amenities but also the people who live there
- Finding a Realtor who listens... really listens to you
- Someone who listens to not only what you say but also to what you don't say... including your body language
- Someone who listens beyond the facts to understand who you are
- Listening to your body
- We have more nerves in our gut than in our brains, and our bodies often know before our brains whether a home or neighborhood is right for us or not
- Don't be afraid to listen to what your body is telling you... you will know what is right if you open yourself to really listen
I have been called a 'house whisperer' before. I am not quite sure what that means, but I think it has a lot to do with listening...
- Finding the right neighborhood... two things you won't find online
- Finding the right home for you - Part 5, signs you have found it!
- Finding the right home for you - Part 4
- Finding the right home for you - Part 3
- Finding the right home for you - Part 2
- Finding the right home for you - Part 1
- Finding 'Your Place'...Part 1
- Finding 'Your Place'...Part 2