When I got a call from Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity asking if they could profile me in the winter edition of their quarterly newsletter, The Habitat Herald, I was both honored and surprised. Of course I agreed but was shocked that they would ask me... it feels like I don't do that much. But as I thought about it I was amazed at how simply making a donation each time I close on a property builds up... in 2012 those donations will pass the $20,000 mark.
As a Realtor I am privileged to work with so many wonderful people as they buy and sell homes that mean so much more in their lives than simple parcels of real estate. Your home is a reflection of who you are, part of the fulfillment of your hopes and dreams and at the core of lifelong memories.
In keeping with their mission to eliminate poverty housing from the Twin Cities and to make decent, affordable shelter for all people a matter of conscience, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity has responded to community housing needs in ways beyond their initial focus on home building.
- TC Habitat for Humanity's Disaster Recovery Program has repaired 25 tornado-damaged homes in North Minneapolis in 2011
- TC Habitat for Humanity's A World of Hope: It Starts at Home program to help neighborhoods recover from the foreclosure crisis has become a stabilizing force in the Twin Cities' hardest hit neighborhoods
- 114 families have purchased Habitat homes with a 0% mortgage
- 303 families have partnered with A Brush with Kindness to have their homes revitalized
- 3,311 participants have connected with educational services and the Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention Program
I am proud to be part of making a difference in Twin Cities communities... and more importantly, making a difference in the lives of individual people I work with every day buying and selling homes, as well as people I will never meet who are impacted by the work of Habitat for Humanity.
In the words of Helen Keller, "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." Thank you for the privilege of working with you in your real estate needs... together we are also part of something much bigger, making a difference in the lives of others.